The Number of A*-A Grades Increased By Almost A Third at Sir George Monoux College!
Staff and students at Sir George Monoux College in Walthamstow celebrated a great year of exam results on 17th August 2017. The College’s A Level pass rate has increased to a three year high.Â There were also huge improvements in BTEC pass rates, which was great news for the college as BTECs are such an important route into university.
I'm incredibly proud of our students who have performed exceptionally well at the end of two years of hard work. For many, this is a triumph through the uncertainty of the new reformed A-Levels. To see an improved pass rate is fabulous. We teach students from exceptionally diverse backgrounds and students who when they joined were unsure that they could one day go to university. We are once again making this possible. Today is a great day for young people in East London who live through so much adversity. Their determination and ambition is what will keep our economy alive in future years!
- 100% pass rates were achieved in Art, Biology, Business Studies, Creative Writing, Drama, Economics, Film Studies, Further Mathematics, History, English Language and Literature, English Literature, Media Studies, Philosophy, Photography, Politics, Religious Studies, Sociology, Turkish and World Development.
- In some subjects the number of A* to B grades doubled including Citizenship, Creative Writing, English Language, English Literature, Media Studies and Law.
- In three subjects, Further Mathematics and World Development 100% of students achieved A* to C grades.
- Over two thirds of all Sociology students achieved A* to B grades. Over a third of all Mathematics students achieved A* to B grades. Over a third of all Economics students achieved A* to B grades.
- There were notable improvements in BTEC pass rates.