Sir George Monoux Sixth Form College has a network of outstanding partnerships with the local community and employers. Students have the opportunity of taking part in mentoring, work placements, corporate visits and the chance to engage with real life projects. Some of our current initiatives include:
- Employability conferences and events throughout the with our employer contacts such as Credit Suisse, Ernst & Young and KPMG.
- Visiting lecturers and international motivational speakers encouraging students to maximise potential.
- The College is a member of Citizens UK; Britain’s largest alliance of civil society.
- The Ministry of Defence’s Education Outreach Programme offers students mentoring, workshops, conferences and visits to Whitehall in recognition for demonstrating lifelong employability skills.
- The College enjoys an excellent partnership with Britvic Soft Drinks, known for manufacturing popular branded drinks such as Pepsi, Tango, Robinsons, 7Up, J2O and Fruit Shoot.
- The local council of Waltham Forest provides students with opportunities to be part of various campaigns and programmes.
- The Jack Petchey Outstanding Awards celebrate personal and academic excellence.
- The Nuffield Bursary Scheme gives students an early taste of scientific research.
- Former students of the College play a key role in inspiring current students.