Sir George Monoux College - Enrolment 2018: Frequently Asked Questions

News archive / Enrolment 2018: Frequently Asked Questions  

Enrolment 2018: Frequently Asked Questions



I did not apply to your college what shall I do?


If you would like to enrol at Monoux, please come along on any of the enrolment days, remember to bring your results, residential status (a reference will also help us put you on the right course), last entrance is at 4pm. Please see what you need to apply/our entry requirements below.

I did not get my grades what shall I do?

Don’t worry, we should be able to put you on a suitable course/subject and level, if however your grades are below our minimum entry requirement, we will provide you with advice on where to source a Level 1 programme.

What do I need to enrol?

·         Bring ALL your GCSE certificates or current summary sheet 2018, remember to include any GCSE’s done before year 11.

·         Passport/Birth Certificate or Provisional driving licence if born in UK

·         Passport or ID Card if born in the EU/EEA

·         Home Office Documents / Visa if born outside of the UK, EU/EEA.

·         Reference from your last school/college (if you have not got it we will chase it during induction)

Can I retake/restart my A Levels?

We will look at this on a case by case scenario. Come to enrolment to discuss your options with a member of our experienced curriculum team.

Can I study A Levels alongside a BTEC?


You can study mixed vocational and A Levels, please look at our prospectus for which BTEC certificates we offer.

I am an overseas student, I did my education abroad.

Overseas students need to have their results translated by UK Naric, if you have not had this done, we will give you a English and Maths test to determine your current level and then choose an appropriate course of study.

I am Home Schooled or have a non-standard education

Please come and talk to our experienced curriculum team to discuss your options here at Monoux

I can't make enrolment, can someone enrol on my behalf?

Unfortunately we do not offer this service, with the new GDPR guidelines, it is important that you understand and sign for your own enrolment and programme of study.

I can't make enrolment can you reserve me a place?

Unfortunately we are unable to reserve places, as soon as you are available please come to Monoux and we can see which courses/subjects we still have availability on.

Can I enrol without my £20.00


Enrolments are not complete without fulfilling all aspects of the enrolment, you can enrol but you will be asked to pay this amount (which is non-refundable) during induction.

Can I come in without my results?

Unfortunately we need to see your results to be able to put you on the right course/subjects and level.

I have been away on holiday what should I do?

Please come to Monoux on any of the enrolment days, last entrance 4pm, and remember to bring all necessary documents see “What do I need to enrol”.

What are the minimum GCSE's I can have to apply to the College?

·         3 GCSEs at 3 – 9 (or A* - D)

·         Including GCSE English or Maths at 3 or above OR English and Maths at Level 1 / 2

I haven't studied [subject] at G.C.S.E., can I still study it at A Level?

If the subjects relates to an A Level you should have studied it at GCSE level, if the A Level is a subject that has no GCSE equivalent than subjects that refer to the A Level will be considered.

Minimum entry requirements for Level 2

·         3 GCSEs at 3 – 9 (or A* - D)

·         Including GCSE English or Maths at 3 or above OR English and Maths at Level 1 / 2